Sunday, March 10, 2013

Naturally Nails: Pink glitter accent nails


Hey hey
Once again, my favourite day of the week is finally here. IT’S SATURDAY! I don’t like Fridays because it’s still a school day and Sunday = school tmr so SATURDAY IS DEFINITELY THE BEST. If I could help it, I’ll have a 4 day work day and 3 day weekend. That would be my ultimate goal in life. I hope it comes true! Evertually I wanna find some way to make my money grow itself without me doing anything. Ahhh… that would be the life. Then I’ll go travel the world sampling great from all over the world just like ladyironchef! HAHA! Dreams
Got myself a very interesting nail “accessory that I couldn’t wait to try out. Here’s what I did with it!
Etude house: Matte pink
LA splash Daytona beach
The breakdown:
1. Use a matte colour of choice (etude house matte pink)
2. Choose accent nail and paint another coat of base polish over. 
3.While polish is still wet, dip nail into glitter of corresponding colour (LA splash Daytona beach)
4. Dust off excess with brush and tap off excess glitter
5. Top accent finger with top coat (if not glitter will fall out)
OMG I’m seriously loving how this turned out. I intentionally chose a matte polish to accentuate the shine of the glitter. It’s like the star of my nails right now! Look at it twinkling like little stars in the sky! You can NEVER achieve this with any ole glitter polish. Even OPI’s teenage dream doesn’t come close. The only down side? The glitter can make your nails look super chucky because it forms such a humongously thick layer.
Oh! I have to complain about the formula of the etude house matte polishes. It’s really bad. While I have never worked with any other matte polishes, I still feel that this one is REALLY bad. I think it dries too fast, there’s no time to create an even coat because it sets. It’s TERRIBLE. It’s ok on my fingers because the surface area is small but can you imagine my thumb. I redid it 3 times and still….. extremely streaky. I had to use thinner to improve the consistency. =(
Here’s a close up of the lash splash glitter. NOTE, this is NOT safe for the eyes. Nonetheless, this glitter really surprised me. I had expected a chunky, gritty texture but NO, dipping my finger into this pot transported me to coasts of Australia! The glitter was so smooth and soft it reminded me so much of the gorgeously fine sand of Australia! Lovely Lovely! Ok so Daytona beach is mainly a soft pink studded with sliver, purple and blue glitter. The colour combi is really pretty. I love this shade of pink as well. Not too hot, not too light. JUST RIGHT *Noms on porridge just like goldilocks* LOL
Alrighty, I’m off to enjoy my well deserved Saturday. Fatigue, you shall not hinder me from my happening life.
~END~
Thank you for reading! 
Do subscribe for more posts. Just a click over at the right hand column =)

1 comment: