Sunday, March 3, 2013

Naturally Nails: Neon French Tips


Hey hey,
Omg, I’ve been missing for 2 weeks already! Apologies cause I’ve been super caught up with school. Yes yes the same old excuse but at least it’s TRUE! >.< Would you also blame if I said I wanted to leave my butterfly nail design on longer as my feature post?
Just like that, March is upon us. This is a super belated post that I have wanted to post since CNY but never did. But, but, all is not lost, afterall, better late than NEVER. Today’s post features my SISTER’S nails. *applause applause please*

Base: TFS WH001
Tips: Butter London Trout pout
How conservatively spring/ boldly winter appropriate don’t you think? Besides the fact that it’s freaking summer all year round here. I’m melting in my chair as I blog. Why is it so unbearably hot and sunny over here!!! >.<
The breakdown
1. Paint your nails with a sparkly/glitter white polish of your choice (TFS WH001), the shinnier the BETTER
2. Carefully top your nails with French tips using a crème neon colour of your choice (Butter London trout pout)
3. Top coat of choice (Poshe)
There’s all there is to it. How simple is that?! I totally failed on the French tip shape again, ended up looking like 1 straight line. Ughhh… I will master it I WILL MASTER IT!  
Anyways, totally love the pop of colour that trout pout brings to this look. It’s so glam yet subtly in your face at the same time! Esp since the crème texture of the French tips totally balances out all that jazz going on proximal to it (LOL just had to use that word, I meant to say the sparkly goodness of the white base polish shining brightly further down from the tips)
Here are some other look/swatches of the colours 
TFS WH001 – winter wonderland 
Butter London Trout pout - Swatch

Kudos to my sister for keep her fingers in a rather photographic manner. Did much better than me when I first started off. Of course it was thanks to my marvellous OCD-ness. Ok I shan’t claim the credit. If you are wondering about the reason for the random feature of my sister’s nails? Well, it happens to be an annual affair. Since she’s still schooling in a rather strict environment if you get my drift coupled with the fact that she has sports training everyday including the holidays, there are only so many other days where she can don on prettily painted nails. One of those days happen to be CNY! She’s taken a serious liking to manicures now. I’m so proud of her *tears of joy*. NOT TO MENTION, one of my first ever nail post was also featuring her MANICURE! So you could say, she was the one who got me started on blogging! That was some serious years back. Wow, we have come really far haven’t we?!
This is still however, only the beginning. To more awesome nail-tastic posts to come!
~END~
Thank you for reading! 
Do subscribe for more posts. Just a click over at the right hand column =)

1 comment:

  1. I love the orange "french tip", and the glittery polish is so pretty. I really wish we had Butter London nail polishes available here :/ x x x

    www.dressedinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete