Saturday, February 2, 2013

Naturally Nails: Ocean reminiscence

Heyhey,

It's FEBRUARY already. OMG people, how time flies - before we know it it'll be CNY, Good friday, April fools, labour day, Mother's day, Vesak day, my birthday, Father's day, Hari raya puasa, National day, children's day, teacher's day, Hari raya haji, Halloween, Deepavali, Thanks giving, christmas eve and christmas DAY OMG! That was a mouth full.

I was feeling particularly inspired this week esp because I've been wanting to try out blue ombre nails for the LONGEST, LONGEST TIME. Put on this design the moment I recieved my newest addition to my polish collection in the mail. 
CHECK MY NAILS OUT!

In descening order of darkness: Canmake No.50, Essie coat Azure, OPI what's with the cattitude, OPI liquid sand Get my number. 

I swear, the pictures don't do this justice at all, this design is one of my best designs EVER. G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S not just IMO but in my friends' and family as well, got quite a few compliments ^^ The way the blues transition into one another and the way that the liquid sand sparkle in the sunlight just give me the image of the ocean. Not talking about the green waters here in Singapore but the crystal clear blue waters of other coasts. Heck, this doesn't even need the afternoon sun to do it justice, it twinkles so beautifully indoors as well. It's got this whole inner glow thing going on. All in all i really LOVE this one. Beautiful MAX.

Rmb how I was saying in my last gradient post (click here) that I would try out the whole paint a base layer on nails first and then create the gradient on the sponge including the base layer itself to create a more natural blended effect. WELL I did it here and boy were the results awesome. Achieved the most natural ombre EVER you could barely see where the colours end.

Here's how I did it

The breakdown:1. Using the darkest blue of your gradient (Canmake No.50), apply a base layer to the nails
2. Using a sponge, paint the colours in descening order of darkness on the sponge and quickly transfer to the nails. Use a dabbing motion and make sure to move the sponge up and down the nails to blend the colours better. Do not over do the dabbing (don't want muddy looking coloours) and be sure to work quickly as dry polish will stick to the sponge as you dab and remove itse;f from your nails
3, Apply glitter coat of your choice to make the transition look that much more seamless. (make sure that your glitter coat is sheer enough for the colours below to peek through, for obvious reaons. Don't want to waste that gorgeous ombre you just created on your nails of course)
SEE 3 simple steps and your done. It doesn't take long at all to do but looks like you spent hours and hours on it. 

Tip: if you feel that you lost some of the colours through the blending process, just add the corresponding colour to the sponge and dab in the deficient areas. I call this "spot dabbing". For those of you who are perfectionistic like me. xD

Can I just say again how I think this combination is awesome. THIS.IS.AWESOME! 
Thank goodness I can keep this combination on my nails for longer than usual =) More time to show it off to the world! Ok joking I don't really flaunt my nails but it still feels good when people notice it. C'mon they are blue for crying out loud, how not to see!
Warning: This is however, not very CNY appropriate so please do not rock this look if your family is extremely traditional.

Here's a picture of under the light of the evening sun.


Here's how they look under the sun. The camera cannot capture the shine of them but I don't blame the camera cos I think even the best of cameras may not be able to capture it. You can't focus on the glitter yet capture the "refraction" of light from the glitter piece. Just doesn't work that way.
Yes yes went a little overboard with the photo spam but can you blame me?

Anyways, if you ever try this out, totally link me in the comment below. would love to see them!

Ok got a test coming up this Monday so... I gotta hit the books before I sink into an abyss of no return. One of my friends posted a very wise post: One has to suffer 2 types of pain in life - the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret. Very true, VERY TRUE. I am a very free spirited person and consequently have no discipline so.... I probably always go through the latter. Sigh....
On a brighter note. I'm done with my CNY outfits. Got my 2nd outfit online. How convenient it that! xD

~END~
Thank you for reading! 
Don’t’ forget to subscribe. Just a click over at the left hand column =)

1 comment:

  1. It's so pretty!!! I have a thing for nails, I love them looking good but am afraid I'm not creative at all. Really gorgeous look :-) xoxo

    www.dressedinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete